Tasmanian Spatial Information Council (TASSIC) was established in 2008.
TASSIC is an industry and government advisory council that is a key forum for increased collaboration between public, private and community sectors for the collection, maintenance and use of spatial information in Tasmania.
In 2007, State Cabinet approved the establishment of the Tasmanian Spatial Information Council (TASSIC).
Led by an independent Chair, TASSIC members are nominated by key spatial sector and government organisations to ensure an appropriate balance of competencies and experiences.
The Council reports to the Minister for Parks, the Hon Roger Jaensch MP.
TASSIC's Charter provides for both permanent and interim members, all appointed by the Minister for Parks.
Members of the Tasmanian Spatial Information Council (2021-2024) are:
- Mr Alan Smart - Chair
- Mr Michael Giudici - Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania (NRETas)
- Ms Inga Playle - Geospatial Council of Australia (GCA)
- Dr Rachael Hurd - University of Tasmania
- Ms Emily Brown - Local Government Association of Tasmania (LGAT)
- Mr Justin Thurley - Department of Premier and Cabinet
- Mr Peter James - Geospatial Council of Australia (GCA)